Riekes Equipment, an industry leader in material handling and warehouse solutions, continues to expand to meet the needs of our customers. Our growth creates your opportunity as we recruit a Controller to lead our accounting and finance operations.
As the Controller, you will provide leadership, management and guidance to the company's President and leadership team. You will perform the day to day tasks of financial controlling with oversight of all accounting, budgeting, and financial analysis, including financial reporting, compliance management, and tax and audit compliance. You will also be a critical member of the leadership team that provides vision and strategy to ensure the financial success and growth of the company.
- Manages the daily operations of the accounting department. Takes a “hands on” approach to financial statements, asset and balance sheet management, tax compliance, operations, cost accounting, general ledger, payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Leads, develops, and coaches an accounting department staff. Selects, orients, and trains accounting department personnel. Communicates job expectations and reviews employee job performance based upon the company’s core values.
- Supports the President and leadership team in developing and implementing business strategies in support of the company’s growth. Builds relationships to create mutual understanding and to encourage leadership peers and all employees to embrace the value added by this role.
- Develops and manages detailed performance reporting, including analysis of key performance metrics to highlight operating issues/challenges or profit opportunities. Develops and maintains the organization's accounting policies and procedures in line with regulatory requirements and business best practices.
- Represents the organization and leads all business relations with the organization's external accountants. Reports and responds on all accounting, financial, and regulatory compliance matters. Builds and maintains commercial and investment banking relationships.
- Participates and advises on the Company’s 401k advisory committee ensuring optimal fund selection criteria, efficient expense ratio and necessary fiduciary compliance.
- Seven or more years of progressive leadership and management experience in accounting and finance roles.
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly collaborative and flat organization is ideal to fit into this "roll up your sleeves" type culture.
- Business partnering and experience building strong working relationships with sales, manufacturing, parts and service operations, human resources, and branch personnel teams.
- Progressive hands-on experience in developing business plans, operational plans and objectives, budgets and related implementation plans.
- Ability to solve complex tactical or strategic problems and develop and recommend new alternative tactics and strategies.
- Proven ability to operate successfully in a growth and entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong team builder and mentor able to maximize employees’ potential to ensure increasingly demanding and complex business needs are met.
- Good conceptual vision and the intellectual ability to think strategically about the financial requirements of the business three to five years out.
- Visible cultural fit to the Company’s core values and capability to motivate and have broad influence on the overall organization.
Controller Education and Related Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or economics required
- GAAP knowledge, CPA strongly preferred
- ERP software experience required
- Advanced proficiency skill level in Excel required
Base salary and commission is dependent upon experience with annual bonus dependent upon profitability. All Riekes team members enjoy generous paid time off, health, dental, and retirement benefits.
Founded in 1936, Riekes has grown to be an industry leader in material handling and warehouse solutions. From the original business of recycling bottles in a barn, we have continued to expand and grow to exceed the needs of our customers adding conveyors, hand trucks, lift trucks and an array of warehouse solutions.
Riekes fosters a family-like atmosphere where employees are supported and encouraged. Team members with 30+ years at Riekes work alongside our newest talent to continue our tradition of and commitment to service. We are a proud recipient of the Yale Dealer of Excellence Award for 18 years and a 40+ year member of the Material Handling Equipment Distributors Association (MHEDA) where we continue to earn the coveted Most Valuable Partner award, distinguishing us as a superior in our industry. It is this commitment to service that makes us so good at what we do.
Equal Opportunity Employer