Service Leader-Grand Island
Riekes Equipment, an industry leader in material handling and warehouse solutions, continues to expand to meet the needs of our customers. Our growth creates your opportunity as we recruit a full-time Service Leader to provide outstanding customer service and leadership in our service department. If you have what it takes to help drive our growth, then come join the Riekes team.
Our Service Leaders must deliver excellent results and achieve goals on all aspects of customers, people, operations, and financials.
- Customer focused: It is your responsibility to exceed our customers’ expectations of what a service experience should be. We expect you to exude energy and enthusiasm, not only by going above and beyond for our existing customers, but also when engaging with new customers. You will actively monitor customer service trends to make necessary improvements and assist the team in developing appropriate standards and processes to continuously elevate the overall service experience. The ideal candidate is solution oriented, demonstrating a high ability to identify root cause of problems and develop solutions when faced with adversity.
- People: Your team of technicians and administrators will look to you to set the standard for open communication, active problem solving, and a positive work environment. We will look to you, and your ability to coach and teach, to build a team of top talent and mentor the next generation of Riekes leaders. Our Service Leaders are the coaches of their teams and must provide regular coaching and feedback and have a deep knowledge of your team’s strengths and opportunities. You will be responsible for leading change and inspiring your team every day.
- Operational excellence: As a Service Leader, you must understand and own every aspect of your service department’s performance. You will dispatch our field technicians daily balancing WIP and customer needs. You will be responsible for driving continuous improvements to facilitate exceptional team output and customer service by partnering with parts, sales, rental, and corporate departments on strategic execution. We expect you to champion safety, efficiency, quality, and overall excellence in all your actions and decisions.
- Financials: Service Leaders are expected to understand our business, know their numbers and lead the department’s daily operations to achieve specific goals in quality, productivity, output, cost as well as revenue and margin.
- Educational experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience preferred.
- Professional experience: Prior leadership experience in a service-focused industry. Material handling equipment expertise is not required.
- Leadership experience: Experience leading teams and managing a diverse group of roles and responsibilities.
- Process / operations experience: Strong and proven experience leading field, technical repair or manufacturing teams in a fast-paced, technology-driven environment with strong customer facing responsibilities.
Founded in 1936, Riekes has grown to be an industry leader in material handling and warehouse solutions. From the original business of recycling bottles in a barn, we have continued to expand and grow to exceed the needs of our customers adding conveyors, hand trucks, lift trucks and an array of warehouse solutions.
Our team members play an important role in finding effective solutions for warehouses, service departments, and distribution centers. Riekes fosters a family-like atmosphere where employees are supported and encouraged. Team members with 30+ years at Riekes work alongside our newest talent to continue our tradition of and commitment to service. We are a proud recipient of the Yale Dealer of Excellence Award for 18 years and a 40+ year member of the Material Handling Equipment Distributors Association (MHEDA) where we continue to earn the coveted Most Valuable Partner award, distinguishing us as a superior in our industry. It is this commitment to service that makes us so good at what we do.