The fulfillment of batch orders is time-consuming and labor-intensive. And with tightening timelines and the increasing need for order accuracy, efficiency is more critical than ever in distribution centers.
What if you could improve productivity up to 200% just by picking a different forklift?
An enclosed end-rider truck can accommodate 8 pallets per cycle…which could be just the efficiency gain you are looking for.
- The growing number of SKUs creates a need for more racking and space.
- Fulfillment and distribution of small and large batch orders are time-consuming, labor-intensive and complex.
- Physically demanding and unappealing work increases labor challenges.
- Increasing costs of fulfillment.
THINGS TO THINK ABOUT
- How much productivity time is lost changing or recharging our equipment batteries?
- Are we looking for ways to reduce administrative costs and extend the useful life of equipment?
- Can we add more space by changing equipment and aisle width?
- How can we reduce operating costs to stay competitive and increase margins?