Deciding When to Rent or Buy a Forklift
When deciding between renting and buying, there are lots of things to consider. Your best solution will depend a lot on the specifics of your operation. Things like fleet flexibility, budgets and maintenance are all important factors when making your decision.
WHEN IT’S BETTER TO RENT A FORKLIFT:
- When your business is seasonal to be as cost efficient as possible, it’s an easy way to adjust your lift truck fleet to keep up with demand
- Maintenance and service is included in the rental fee, so there are no unexpected repair costs
- No need for in-house technicians or the carrying costs of parts
- You need to conserve capital- no expensive upfront investments
- Planned usage spikes such as warehouse relocation or yearly inventory
- You want to ‘test drive’ a specific truck or new technology.
- Forklift rentals are an operational expense versus depreciating a purchased truck.
- You have a fixed budget
WHEN IT’S BETTER TO BUY A FORKLIFT:
- You have unique needs or spaces that require custom machinery for the best productivity
- Your operation has a steady demand which requires consistent forklift usage
- You have steady, but light forklift use so a purchased truck will last a long time
- If you already have an in-house service tech and can perform your own maintenance
- If you are not located near a rental business making it inconvenient to rent
- Operations are predictable without seasonal fluctuation
We help businesses make decisions on whether buying verses renting is best for their specific operations. If you would like to have a free conversation about your operation contact us at 800.856.0931.
Riekes Equipment Receives Most Valuable Partner Award from MHEDA – Partnership Honored with Presentation of Circle of Excellence Award
Industry Trade Organization Awards Prestigious MVP Honor to Riekes Equipment OMAHA, NE (January 1, 2021) – In a year where it can be hard to find things to celebrate, Riekes Equipment has been awarded the prestigious Most Valuable Partner MVP Award from the industry’s trade association, MHEDA (Material Handling Equipment Distributors Association). The MVP Award…Read More
Riekes Equipment Supports University of Kearney Program Industrial Distribution and Material Handling Promoted as a Career Option for Students OMAHA, NE (November 17, 2020) – Riekes Equipment is proud to announce their support of the University of Nebraska at Kearney’s Industrial Distribution Program (UNK ID) which provides Nebraska students with career options in material handling,…Read More
If you work with forklifts, then you need to pay attention to forklift tires. We all know a well-maintained truck is more productive, but did you know damaged or worn tires can make a difference as well? Tires have a major impact on the overall performance of a forklift. Proper tires reduce long-term costs, increase…Read More