Riekes Equipment’s Response During COVID-19 Pamdemic
Like you, Riekes is deeply concerned about COVID-19 (the coronavirus), and there is no higher priority for us than the well-being of our employees, partners, visitors and customers.
Riekes Equipment is a part of the nation’s critical infrastructure as defined by 42 U.S.C 519c(e), Presidential Policy Directive 21 (PPD-21) and the United States Department of Transportation. We directly support businesses which are identified as essential infrastructure industries by the United States Federal Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) on March 19, 2020. We are here to support you and your business.
For more than 20 years, Riekes has had a Safety Committee in place to not only provide ongoing OSHA and safety training, but also to coordinate health and safety procedures across our seven locations. This includes a Pandemic Response Plan should it be needed.
It is important that you feel confident working with Riekes, so I wanted to personally update you on the steps we are taking to ensure everyone’s health and safety.
- We have eliminated non-essential travel outside our service area and any business-related travel outside the United States will not be authorized until further notice.
- We have reviewed the recent and future travel plans of employees and their spouses. We currently have no exposure or cases at any of our locations. Should we identify an employee has been exposed, we are taking immediate action to quarantine them following CDC guidelines.
- Riekes Equipment will continue to ensure a clean workplace, including the regular cleaning of frequently used areas such as bathrooms, breakrooms, conference rooms, etc. In addition, our technicians will be using latex gloves which are changed as they move between equipment.
- We are enforcing time off for any employees not feeling well and are providing additional work-from-home options as needed to minimize the spread of the flu or any other seasonal virus.
- Additionally, we are limiting visitors at our offices. Any visitors including delivery personnel must enter through the front door and anyone going beyond our public lobbies will be asked to sign the visitor log to indicate if they have traveled to an area where the CDC has issued travel alerts.
We are here when you need us. If you’re equipment is down, even after-hours, our service team is available to help keep your operation running. The most important thing is to keep our team safe while still supporting all the needs of our partners and customers.
Thank you for your trust and your business.
Riekes Equipment Receives Most Valuable Partner Award from MHEDA – Partnership Honored with Presentation of Circle of Excellence Award
Industry Trade Organization Awards Prestigious MVP Honor to Riekes Equipment OMAHA, NE (January 1, 2021) – In a year where it can be hard to find things to celebrate, Riekes Equipment has been awarded the prestigious Most Valuable Partner MVP Award from the industry’s trade association, MHEDA (Material Handling Equipment Distributors Association). The MVP Award…Read More
Riekes Equipment Supports University of Kearney Program Industrial Distribution and Material Handling Promoted as a Career Option for Students OMAHA, NE (November 17, 2020) – Riekes Equipment is proud to announce their support of the University of Nebraska at Kearney’s Industrial Distribution Program (UNK ID) which provides Nebraska students with career options in material handling,…Read More
If you work with forklifts, then you need to pay attention to forklift tires. We all know a well-maintained truck is more productive, but did you know damaged or worn tires can make a difference as well? Tires have a major impact on the overall performance of a forklift. Proper tires reduce long-term costs, increase…Read More