THE BENEFITS OF ROBOTIC PALLETIZING SYSTEMS
LOOKING FOR PRODUCTIVITY IMPROVEMENTS IN A COMPETITIVE LABOR MARKET
Robotic palletizing or de-palletizing systems significantly increases productivity and profitability by reducing direct labor requirements/expense, the potential for injuries and provides other indirect savings. Regardless if you are a manufacturer, a food processor, or manage a warehouse/distribution center, repetitively stacking box quantities on pallets is a task that can be automated with proven technology. Modern gripper systems allow drums, cases, bags and trays to be palletized quickly and accurately with repeatability utilizing spacers between layers when necessary. Not only can a robot system palletize various product sizes and types, but they are also flexible to be re-programed or re-tooled for companies that are consistently adding new products or package sizes. Typically, the ROI for a robotic palletizing system operating two-shifts /5 days per week is 18-24 months. A very attractive payback that keeps pace with customer order demands and fulfillment metrics.
The benefits of palletizing systems include:
- Elimination of unscheduled line stoppages
- Fewer labor hours needed to complete same tasks
- Increased throughput (cases per hour)
- Fewer workmen’s comp claims and OSHA expenses
- Increased system availability
- Less damaged products at the end of a line
- Technology takes less floor space
- Reduced shipping and lower overall product costs
- Improved utilization rate of the complete production line.
Regardless of your industry, efficiently transporting materials in and out of your manufacturing process utilizing palletizing systems will make a big difference in labor requirements, time to market, unit costs and most importantly... your bottom line!